Plato – The Apology
- Who is Socrates? What is he accused of?
- What is Sophistry?
- Who tells Socrates he is the wisest man in Athens? What does Socrates do about this?
- Who is Meletus?
- According to Socrates what is the key component of Wisdom?
Plato – Crito
- Who is Crito? What is his initial argument for why Socrates should accept his help?
- What is Crito’s argument style? What is Socrates’? Which does Plato claim is better?
- What is a Tacit Agreement?
- Why does Socrates think it is wrong to break his Tacit Agreement with the state of Athens?
- What are the two powers of the will?
- How does God intend for our will to function?
- What flaw in the Devil’s will made God cast him down?
- Do we have free will according to Anselm?
- Why would God give us free will if he could foresee that we would do bad actions?
- How does a person become virtuous, according to Aristotle?
- What does it mean to “hit the golden mean”?
- Why is the golden mean different for each person?
- What is Telos?
- What role does happiness play for Aristotle?
- Why can’t children be virtuous?
- What does Aristotle mean when he says that happiness is a “function according to some rational principle”?
- What is the “Rational principle”?